Thursday, July 17

Undocumented fix to the.BizTalk.Interop.SSOClient, Version=7.0.2300.0 error

Undocumented fix to the.BizTalk.Interop.SSOClient, Version=7.0.2300.0 error:

"System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.BizTalk.Interop.SSOClient, Version=7.0.2300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified

This one did my head in for a while, and I hope this post helps someone. I got htis error after an installaion of BizTalk server 2013, but unlike every other post I found which mentioned this issue, I had not done an upgrade... it was a fresh install!

The error popped up when I tried to browse a wcf service I published using the BizTalk WCF service publishing wizard. I then did what all the posts said anyway, which is still the recommended firts step for anyone experiencing this issue: Try to upgrade SSO manually from the BizTalk installaiton media. I will not go into details, but below are two posts suggesting two different fixes which did NOt work for my scenario: One talks about changing applicaiton pool configuraitons and registering asp.net for IIS and the other talks about the upgrade I mentioned above.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/joscot/archive/2013/08/14/biztalk-2013-hosted-wcf-service-fails-because-it-could-not-load-microsoft-biztalk-interop-ssoclient.aspx

http://esbguru.wordpress.com/2013/12/01/could-not-load-assembly-microsoft-biztalk-interop-ssoclient-after-upgrade-to-biztalk-2013/

For my scenario, none of these approaches fixed the problem so I started some investigation:

First checked GAC (I am on a 64 bit machine so I checked C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\GAC_MSIL). I found the version 4 DLL. No other verison sof this assembly were present in any of my GAc locaitons. This meant that for some reason, the upgrade ghad failed to upgrade the DLL in GAC.

I checked a colleague's working machine and found that he had the correct v7 DLL in GAC.

I copied the correct DLL to my local and GAC'ed it using the gacutil tool (to ensure correct folder GAC'ing). I now had both the verison 4 and the version 7 DLLs in my GAC

I then re-started IIS and re-tried the service.

All wotked perfectly after that.




4 comments:

  1. This way works for me: just run SSOClient.msi from \Biztalk Sever\Platform\SSO\Client folder to manually setup SSOClient.

    Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chinh, installing SSOClient fixed the issue for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. I did try SSOClient initially. Didn't work for me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete